KPA’s former board member and former Deputy District Attorney for Alameda County has been appointed as a superior court judge for the Contra Costa Superior Court in northern California. We are so proud of Judge Kim and can’t wait to celebrate with him in person. This is our second KPA board member to be appointed to the bench this year, including Leonard Kim in Ontario, Canada.
We are proud to announce that our KPA member and former KPA board member representing Ontario, Canada has been appointed to the bench. Leonard has been a steadfast supporter of KPA, doing presentations at our conferences in Los Angeles and Seoul, Korea.
“We plan to hire new DDA-Is and DDA-IIs and will be opening the recruitment process next week. Can you please reach out to your networks and let potential candidates know?
For now, interested candidates can sign up for an email alert on the County’s website by clicking on the job description (DDA-I or DDA-II) and hitting the green “subscribe” button.
If they “subscribe” then they will receive an email notice when the application period opens.”
KPA and Korean Consul General in Los Angeles will co-host this important webinar on how to assist victims of hate crime. Please join us for this important conversation.
- Hon. Kyung Jae Park, Consul General of the Republic of Korea in Los Angeles
- Jacob Yim, KPA President, Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office
- Irene Lee, KPA Vice President, Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office
- Deputy Chief Blake Chow, Los Angeles Police Department
- Daniel Ahn, KPA Board Member, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Central District of California
- Jake Jondle, Orange County District Attorney’s Office
- Special Agent Gary Chen, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Victim Advocate Jennifer Wang, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Connie Chung Joe, Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Debra Suh, Center for the Pacific Asian Family
- Jen C. Won, Esq., President-Elect, Korean American Bar Association, Southern California
- Katherine Yeom, Korean American Family Services
- Steve Kang, Koreatown Youth and Community Center
For those who haven’t paid your 2021 membership dues, please do. We have a KPA mug waiting for you. It’s being slowly and surely shipped out everywhere. We just finished Florida, Minnesota, Hawaii, Northern CA, and Pennsylvania. Next on our list is Washington, Georgia, and Illinois. If you get the mug, please post it on your social network account, free advertising for us. Get others to sign up.
KOREAN PROSECUTORS ASSOCIATION
556 S. Fair Oaks Ave., Suite 352
Pasadena, California 91105
P: (213) 259-3135